While the year was full of many unexpected changes, we at Bloomsbury Professional Ireland were pleased to be able to continue to publish an excellent range of tax and law titles during 2020. With this in mind we are delighted to provide a round up of this year's releases.
There are plenty more exciting releases set for 2021 so be sure to keep an eye on our emails in the new year. Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Bloomsbury Professional Ireland's 2020 Titles
2020 saw us publish a number of important titles in the area of Criminal Law, including the first new edition of Charleton and McDermott's Criminal Law and Evidence since 1999.
- Order The Law of Evidence in Ireland by Caroline Fennell
- Order Evidence in Criminal Trials by Liz Heffernan
- Order Charleton and McDermott's Criminal Law and Evidence by Peter Charleton, Paul A McDermott, Ciara Herlihy, Stephen Byrne
One of our most highly anticipated titles published this year was the 6th edition of Wylie on Irish Land Law by Prof. John Wylie, widely recognised as the definitive title in this area.
- Order Wylie on Irish Land Law by J.C.W. Wylie
Wylie on Irish Land Law has long been relied on by students as well as practitioners, but it wasn't our only student title this year. We also released a new edition of Byrne and McCutcheon on the Irish Legal System, widely considered as essential reading for students. We also had a brand new title, Contract Law for Students, specially written for undergraduate law students as well as those attempting either set of professional exams: FE-1s for solicitors or Kings Inns entrance exams for barristers.
- Order Byrne and McCutcheon on the Irish Legal System by Raymond Byrne, Paul McCutcheon, Laura Cahillane, Emma Roche-Cagney
- Order Contract Law for Students by C.E. Molloy
We also published new editions of some of our well established titles in the area of Banking and Commercial Law.
Similarly the year saw new editions in the area of Probate and Succession Law.
- Order Drafting Trusts and Will Trusts in Northern Ireland by James Kessler and Sheena Grattan
- Order Wills - Irish Precedents and Drafting by Brian Spierin
We also built up our offering in a range of areas of law. We've added to our family law titles and expanded in newer areas of law such as information technology law.
- Order Internet Law by Michael O'Doherty
- Order Arthur Cox Employment Yearbook 2019
- Order Irish Family Law Handbook by Deirdre Kennedy, Elizabeth Maguire
Finally, as usual 2020 saw us release our Tax Annuals. This year, The Taxation of Companies was written by Tom Maguire, following over twenty years of publication under Michael Feeney. We are currently offering a 30% discount on these 2020 titles so be sure to use offer code 2020TAX at the checkout.
- Order Capital Tax Acts 2020 by Michael Buckley
- Order The Taxation of Companies 2020 by Tom Maguire
- Order Irish Income Tax 2020 by Tom Maguire
- Order Irish Capital Gains Tax 2020 by Tom Maguire